The Cooler Master GX Series power supplies stand for Gamer Xtreme, the evolved version of Extreme Power Plus. The GX 450 is aimed at providing solid features to consumers at a very attractive price. The GX 450 is 80+ Silver certified and is rated at 85% efficiency, and comes with a 5 year warranty.
Provided By: Cooler Master
The GX450 uses the same theme as the rest of the GX line of power supplies. The scheme is very eye appealing.
Here is the back of the box, where all the Specifications can be found:
- Compliant with latest Intel standard ATX12V V2.31
- Single +12V rail up to 35A
- High efficiency meets 80 Plus requirements (85% typical)
- 120mm fan with speed control
- Multiple protection design (OVP/UVP/OPP/OTP/SCP)
- High reliability (MTBF>100,000 hours)
- Five-year warranty
Cooler Master may have went a little too basic there is no padding, foam or cardboard compartments to keep the power supply from moving around during shipping. Of course this does save some money and since my power supply arrived unscathed, maybe it’s not needed.
The package contains everything you need to install your new power supply. The package includes a power cord, four screws, a manual and a warranty card. The power supply itself has a matte black and purple color scheme. Not bad looking. The GX is not modular, instead going with a more traditional setup with all the cables attached directly to the unit. This isn’t terribly surprising, as a 450W unit is considered budget-range. The GX 450 both the 24Pin is just over 19 ½ inches long and the 8pin CPU power cable is 23 ½ inches long.
Features & Specifications:
- Compliance with the latest Intel standard ATX 12V V 2.31.
- Single +12V rail provides ample power and strong resistance to any overloading.
- High efficiency design that meets 80 Plus requirements (85% typical).
- Multiple protection designs (OVP / UVP / OPP / OTP / SCP).
- High reliability (MTBF>100,000 hours).
- Double Layer EMI filter reduces Electromagnetic interference
- Huge bulk capacitor for hold-up times of >17ms when fully loaded.
- Efficient transformer that reduces 5Vsb power loss when the system is in an off/sleep state.
- EuP ready: To save most power consumption (below 0.5W in standby mode).
- Five-year warranty
|Type of connector:|
|ATX connector (500mm)||20+4 pin|
|4+4 pin EPS12V/ATX12V connector (610mm)||1|
|6 pin PCIe (490mm)||1|
|5.25″ Drive (460mm+150mm+150mm)||3|
|3.5″ Drive (+150mm)||1|
|Unit Dimensions (L x W x H)|
|140mm x 150mm x 86mm|
The Cooler Master GX 450W is a good mainstream powersupply, with high efficiency (between 81.3% and 86.4%), very good voltage regulation, and low noise and ripple levels. At a suggested price of only $50 with stores probably offering less than that the Cooler Master GX 450W is an excellent inexpensive yet safe power supply with high efficiency.
This Power Supply gets the Xtreme Tech Junkie’s Great award!