Electronic Arts Inc. has officially announced Madden NFL 25 will be coming as a launch title for Xbox One® all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, and the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system. Madden NFL 25, powered by the new EA SPORTS IGNITE engine, ushers in the next generation of sports games by delivering the smartest, most realistic, most detailed version of the game in the franchise’s 25 year history.
“We’ve never been more ready for a console transition than we are right now,” said Cam Weber, General Manager of American Football for EA SPORTS. “The development team is crafting the most impressive Madden NFL game we’ve ever made, and I’m extremely excited for fans to get their hands on it for themselves when the Xbox One and PS4 launch.”
Coupled with this announcement is the introduction of Adrian Peterson as the cover athlete for Madden NFL 25 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Peterson, the Minnesota Vikings running back, is a five-time Pro Bowler and the reigning NFL MVP. Last season Peterson came within 9 yards of breaking the NFL single-season rushing record set by Eric Dickerson.
Madden NFL 25 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 brings innovative new features such as True Step Locomotion, Player Sense, the War in the Trenches and more to create an experience that can only be found on next-generation consoles. Here’s an overview of what fans can expect in the most technologically advanced game in the franchise’s 25 year history:
10X THE DETAIL
- Next Definition Visuals
- Madden NFL has never looked so real. See every nuance of a player’s face, equipment, and clothing as the line blurs between the players in the game and their real-life counterparts. Up to 4x the texture resolution breathes new life into stadiums, crowds, the field, and even the ball itself. Combined with high-fidelity animations that deliver the smoothest, most authentic looking player interactions ever, Madden NFL 25 delivers Next Definition visuals.
2X THE CONTROL
- Every Step Is Calculated
- The all-new True Step player motion system calculates every step, delivering unprecedented control. Players now have the ability to foot-plant, cut, and shift momentum in an authentic way, unlocking the agility and explosiveness of the NFL athlete. EA SPORTS IGNITE run-time physics calculate at twice the rate allowing for the most organic, user-driven outcomes in franchise history. Combined with the precision modifier’s vast combination of ball carrier moves, Madden NFL has never felt this good.
- Brains & Brawn
- All-new Player Sense unlocks the human element in Madden NFL. For the first time, players scan the field, anticipate situations before they happen, and maneuver with instincts and awareness. The ability to make up to 50x as many contextual decisions brings intelligent ball-carriers and defenders to life, as they sense obstacles and react on the fly. Ball-carriers leap over fallen players, blitzing linebackers slide past teammates on their way to the QB and so much more, combining the physical aspects of football with the mental.
- War in the Trenches
- Offensive and defensive line play is at the heart of football, and now it’s the foundation of Madden NFL 25. Lineman are more than just physical, they are intelligent. Coupled with the ability to make 4x more decisions per second, 300 new blocking interactions create the most realistic running lanes for the ball-carrier and passing pockets for the QB. Offensive lineman will dynamically sort and shift assignments based on threats and angles, starting with intelligently identifying the center of the defense, the “Mike” linebacker. The defensive side of the ball features over 3x more new defensive line moves, as well as the latest blitz packages. Authentic double teams, blitz pick-ups, and line shifts showcase units working together as one, highlighting the most physical and intense battles in the NFL. Welcome to the War in the Trenches.
THE GAME IS ALIVE
- Madden Living World
- The NFL is so much more than just what happens between the lines. It’s the crowds, sidelines, and commentary that truly bring the emotion of Sunday to life. In Madden NFL 25, feel the anxiety of the crowd as you step up to the line on 4th and goal. Watch your teammates and coaches erupt with excitement as you blaze down the sideline for a game-changing score. Hear the most intelligent commentary in franchise history, as Jim Nantz, Phil Simms and our new sideline reporter Danielle Bellini follow everything about your career. From injuries to accolades they’ll bring your career to life like never before.
For more info on all these features fans should be sure to visit the Madden NFL 25 website as new details are revealed. Media attending E3 this week in Los Angeles are invited to get their first look at Madden NFL 25 on Xbox One and PS4 at the EA SPORTS IGNITE Lab inside the EA booth (#1601).
Embraced by fans and honored by critics for 25 years, Madden NFL is known as the NFL’s “33rd Franchise” due to its authentic gameplay, the development team’s unparalleled access to NFL resources and its prominent place in NFL culture.
Madden NFL 25 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and will be available for Xbox One, the all-in-one entertainment system from Microsoft, and the PlayStation®4. To learn more about Madden NFL 25, visit http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl. Fans are also invited to become a Madden Insider on Facebook for exclusive information including the latest news, original content and more for Madden NFL 25.
All player participation has been facilitated by National Football League Players Incorporated, the licensing and marketing subsidiary of the NFL Players Association (NFLPA).
EA SPORTS is one of the leading sports entertainment brands in the world, with top-selling videogame franchises, award-winning interactive technology, fan programs and cross-platform digital experiences. EA SPORTS creates connected experiences that ignite the emotion of sports through industry-leading sports videogames, including Madden NFL football, FIFA Soccer, NHL® hockey, NBA LIVE basketball, NCAA® Football, Tiger WoodsPGA TOUR® golf, SSX™ and EA SPORTS UFC.
For more information about EA SPORTS, including news, video, blogs, forums and game apps, please visit www.easports.com to connect, share and compete.
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA) is a global leader in digital interactive entertainment. The Company delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets. EA has more than 285 million registered players and operates in 75 countries.
In fiscal year 2013, EA posted GAAP net revenue of $3.8 billion. Headquartered in Redwood City, California, EA is recognized for a portfolio of critically acclaimed, high-quality blockbuster brands such as The Sims™, Madden NFL, FIFA Soccer, Need for Speed™, Battlefield™ and Mass Effect™. More information about EA is available at www.ea.com/news.
EA SPORTS, The Sims, SSX, Need for Speed, Mass Effect and Battlefield are trademarks of Electronic Arts Inc. and its subsidiaries. Madden, NFL, FIFA, NHL, NBA, NCAA, Tiger Woods and PGA TOUR are the property of their respective owners and used with permission. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Xbox is a trademark of the Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. “PlayStation” is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.