Is your current mouse just not cutting it? Not performing to the level you need in your games? A good mouse can make you or break you no matter what games you play. Today I have a look at Cooler Masters first gaming mouse.
Provided By: Cooler Master
The Cooler Master Sentinel Mouse box is black with red lettering, has a large clear plastic section to show off the mouse, and has a full list of features.
Besides the mouse you get a package of what I believe is replacement mouse pads, and of course the essential driver disc.
The mouse itself is matt black across most of it and soft rubber material down the sides and around the back of the mouse. The middle around the LCD is a grilled section, with the front buttons made of a hard plastic.
At the back it has a section for adding or removing 4.5 gram weights, these weights are removable to allow the end user the ability to customize the weight and feel of how the mouse responds.
Features & Specifications:
- Available Color: Black and Gray
- Material: Rubber Grip / ABS Plastic / Mesh Bezel / Metal Plate
- Dimension: (W) 83.5 X (H) 135 X (D) 40 mm
- Weight: 161.5 g / 0.356 lb
- Sensor: 5600 DPI Storm Tactical™ Twin-laser Sensor
- X&Y Axis Configuration: Independent and programmable
- Maximum Tracking Speed: 6.00 m/s 235 IPS
- Maximum Acceleration: 50g
- Polling Time: 1.0ms
- Speed Measurement: Real-time
- Dynamic Surface Adaptation: Tracks on most surfaces, ensures minimal lift-off distance
- Onboard Memory: 64Kb
- Form Factor: Right Hand Ergonomic
- Button Assignment: 8
- Illumination: IC controlled Illumination with 7 colors and variable lighting effects
- DPI Display: OLED
- Weight System: Yes, 4.5g X 5 pcs
The software for the CM STORM Sentinel Advance Gaming Mouse is full functional and will let you customize this mouse in dozens of different ways. From the main control screen you have access to all the available settings for this mouse.
You can assign buttons, create up to 5 different profiles for your different games, adjust the DPI settings, upload your personal game or clan logo to the OLED, and so much more!
One of the great features is the ability to save all your settings inside the 64KB Sentinel-X Onboard Memory. All settings are stored internally allowing them to be used on any computer without installing the Tactical AP Software, You can copy source files to a flash drive and then when at another computer all you do is copy files to the new system and start CMSTORM.EXE and choose Driverless Execution. This will load initial mouse settings into the Sentinel Advance.
There is a lot to be excited about with Cooler Master’s Sentinel Advance Gaming Mouse. For the individual that has large hands, they will like the mouse as much as I did; it is slightly longer than most mice and settles right into your palm. When you are serious about gaming a few extra dollars is well worth it. For the asking price you get a lightning fast mouse with plenty of features and the software that accompanies the mouse will allow you to change every aspect of the mouse down to the lighting.